10 Best MBA Colleges in Mumbai
MBA (Master of Business Administration) is a vast course that provides ample job opportunities in different sectors. However, the college from where you pursue the MBA course plays a crucial role in your career. While India has many colleges that offer MBA courses, Mumbai is one of the leading MBA destinations, with over 200 colleges. So, if you want to pursue an MBA from a reputed college to boost your career, continue reading to learn about the best MBA colleges in Mumbai.
What is MBA?
The MBA program is a two-year postgraduate course that focuses on the study of business administration and management. The MBA course imparts knowledge in key business functioning and growth concepts such as brand management, marketing, personnel management, working capital management, etc. It is a good course for students who wish to pursue a career in management or start their own business. Students from Science, Humanities as well as Commerce backgrounds can pursue an MBA program in their area of interest.
Mumbai MBA Colleges: Eligibility Criteria
While the eligibility criteria to get into an MBA course may vary with colleges, the common eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Candidates must have graduated from a recognised university in any stream.
- For most MBA colleges in Mumbai, the minimum score in graduation should be 50%. However, the minimum marks for the reserved category students are 45%.
- Candidates in their final graduation year can also apply for an MBA course by providing proof of completion of the degree within the specified time.
Mumbai MBA Colleges: Key Details
Some of the key details about MBA colleges in Mumbai are as follows:
- Number of Colleges (approx): 200
- Popular Specialisations: Sales and Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, Information Technology and Systems, Retail, etc.
- Popular Entrance Exams: CAT (Common Admission Test), CMAT (Common Management Admission Test), MAT (Management Aptitude Test), XAT (Xavier’s Aptitude Test), MAH CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test), etc.
- Top Recruiters: Google, Amazon, Nestle, Microsoft, Infosys, Apple, Tech Mahindra, Goldman Sachs, Wipro, Asian Paints, etc.
Mumbai MBA Colleges: Popular Specialisations
MBA colleges in Mumbai offer various specialisations. Following are some of the MBA specialisations that you can pursue in Mumbai:
- Human Resouces
- Sales and Marketing
- Information Technology and Systems
- Healthcare and Hospital
- Business Analytics
- Transport and Logistics
- Travel and Tourism
- Project Management
- Rural Management
- Data Science
- International Business
- Agriculture and Food Business
- Supply Chain, etc.
The top five specialisations that are most popular among students and are offered by MBA colleges in Mumbai are as follows:
- Sales and Marketing
- Information Technology and Systems
- Human Resources
Mumbai MBA Colleges: Entrance Exams
Admission to MBA in most Mumbai colleges is based on the candidates’ scores in the relevant entrance exams conducted at national, state and university levels. Some of the popular entrance exams to get into a Mumbai MBA college are as follows:
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- MAT (Management Aptitude Test)
- CMAT (Common Management Admission Test)
- XAT (Xavier’s Aptitude Test)
- MAH CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test)
- NMAT (NMIMS Management Aptitude Test)
- ATMA (AIMS Test for Management Admissions)
Top 10 MBA Colleges in Mumbai
The best MBA colleges in Mumbai list with their average fees is as follows:
|Serial Number||College||Average fees|
||National Institute of Industrial Engineering||₹12.53 lakhs – ₹13.43 lakhs|
||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mumbai||₹4 lakhs – ₹20 lakhs|
||SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR)||₹20.42 lakhs – ₹22.1 lakhs|
||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)||₹12.04 lakhs – ₹24 lakhs|
||L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development||₹13 lakhs|
||K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management||₹16.62 lakhs|
||Amity Global Business School||₹7.2 lakhs|
||Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS)||₹3.5 lakhs – ₹3.98 lakhs|
||Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS)||₹6 lakhs|
||SIES College of Management Studies||₹5.2 lakhs – ₹7 lakhs|
Best ROI (Return on Investment) Colleges in Mumbai
While pursuing a course from a university or college, considering the ROI (Return on Investment) is crucial to assessing the return or benefit of pursuing the course from the college. ROI helps you to know the return in the form of salary or placements on your invested college fee.
Hence, the best ROI MBA colleges in Mumbai that offer the best placements are as follows:
|College||Average Median Package|
|IIT, Bombay||₹22 lakhs – ₹25.8 lakhs|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering||₹20.88 lakhs – ₹25.8 lakhs|
|SP Jain Institute of Management and Research(SPJIMR)||₹30.1 lakhs|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)||₹15 lakhs – ₹16 lakhs|
|L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development||₹9 lakhs|
Best Private MBA Colleges in Mumbai
Some of the best private MBA colleges in Mumbai are as follows:
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
- N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development
- J. Somaiya Institute of Management
- Amity Global Business School
- ITM Business School
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS)
- SIES College of Management Studies
- Jagdish Sheth School of Management
- Atlas Skilltech University
- ICFAI Business School
- Universal Business School
- Tata Institue of Social Sciences (TISS)
Mumbai MBA Colleges: Top Recruiters
Completing your MBA degree from a reputed MBA college in Mumbai can help you fetch a lucrative job in the following companies:
- Tech Mahindra
- Goldman Sachs
- Asian Paints
- Yes Bank
- Morgan Stanley
- ICICI Bank
- Accenture, etc.
Pursuing an MBA from the best MBA colleges in Mumbai provides many job opportunities in the fields of advertising, media, digital marketing, etc. Now that you know the best MBA colleges in Mumbai, you must research their eligibility criteria, admission process, course fee, and placements before applying.
You can also sign up with an education services provider like Sunstone that is committed to helping you build the future you envision. Sunstone helps you become future-ready with upskilling modules. Along with traditional higher education, you can explore your prospects in diverse career tracks while being part of the thriving digital community of students.